Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Inauguration

Almost 2 months after the May 10 elections, Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino III becomes the 15th president of the Philippines.

I only caught part of the inauguration though. I had my place cleaned (I used to clean my own place then I realized it it was just better use of my time and effort to pay a few hundred bucks for maid service so that's what I do now) and since that took a couple of hours, I decided to have my car washed as well. There was a TV at the carwash and so I actually caught part of Noynoy's speech while I was there.

A lot of promises were made in that speech and while I don't know how much of it will be actualized, I am hoping for the best. The thing we have to remember though is that change or improvement in our way of life doesn't come just from one person or one government but from everyone. The best thing for us to do really is to figure out how we can contribute and to do our share.

No comments: