Sunday, June 20, 2010

Movie-watching

I've been really busy lately and while I've missed a few films that I really wanted to see (most notably Shrek Final Chapter), I've still managed to find my way to the movie theater a couple of times in the last month.

'Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time' is a really enjoyable movie to watch. The pace at which the story unfolded and the way that the premise and the conflict were resolved kept me thoroughly interested. The action sequences and the visual effects framed the plot perfectly and the characters were interesting and well-portrayed. I've heard people say that the ending was a bit odd or off, but I thought it wrapped things up pretty nicely.

Sticking to the theme of popcorn blockbusters with great action sequences and a good cast is 'The A-team'. The movie briefly reminded me of 'The Italian Job' in that a betrayal early in the film sets the stage for the rest of the storyline to develop. While I guessed who the masterminds were as well as how the lead cast would get out of their final entanglement, watching how the A-team would handle the assignments they were given and the predicaments in which they got caught definitely made for great entertainment.

No comments: