Thursday, June 27, 2024

Midweek Meet-ups

I got to meet up with some really good friends over dinner just this last week. On Tuesday night, I met up with my very good friend Duncan who was in town with his family. I am also close with his wife Amy but she was also meeting up with another friend whom she hadn't seen in a while that same nights so she couldn't join us. They were staying at Discovery Suites in Ortigas so Duncan and I agreed to meet in Podium. We had dinner at Nono's and I'm happy I picked that place because Duncan enjoyed the food. The thing about great friendships is that even if you haven't seen each other in a while, you always pick up where you left off and that's exactly what it's like with us. While we could have stayed at Nono's for dessert and coffee, we decided to move to Wildflour instead. I'm thankful that we did because Amy was having dinner with her friend there, which meant that I got to see and catch up a bit with her too! Duncan and I ordered the Apple Pie and Bibingka Cheesecake and some coffee. It was a really good evening and hopefully, I get to see them more frequently in the future.

Wildflour Apple Pie

On Wednesday night, I met up with my ex-colleagues Irish and Michelle at Shangri-La Plaza Mall. Because I am a BFF card holder, I got an SMS saying that Fish & Co was celebrating its 19th anniversary in the Philippines and all BFF card holders could enjoy 50% off on all Fish & Chips orders on June 26. I suggested to Michelle and Irish that we could have dinner here and use my discount and they agreed. I hadn't eaten at Fish & Co in a while and I'm glad we had dinner here because I really do think that theirs is the best fish and chips in town. The mall closes at 9pm but we wanted to have coffee and dessert after so we headed to Refinery just outside the mall because it is open until about midnight.

Fish and Chips from Fish & Co

It's been a while since I had dinner meet-ups with friends on two consecutive weeknights. I guess I really am getting old haha. Still, it is always good to connect with great friends and I'm happy I continue to have these opportunities.

No comments: