Tuesday, December 12, 2023

The Christmas Celebrations Have Begun

It's still a few weeks before Christmas but I already attended a few Christmas parties and get-togethers. The first one was held on the last Saturday of November, when I met up with one of my board gaming groups. We realized that most of us already had full weekends in December so we agreed to meet up as close to Christmas as possible. We got to play a few games but one new game that I got to try was Mille Fiori, which Cla really wanted us to try. It was fun to play, but maybe what added to my enjoyment was the fact that I won haha. 

Mille Fiori board game

Shortly after, we had our company-wide Christmas party. Maybe because it's hard to find an available venue that can fit us all in December but for the second year in a row, our Yuletide celebration was held in late November. It was a costume party and different departments were encouraged to have a theme. Our department decided to come in minions attire. I decided to buy a costume from Lazada a couple of weeks before the event and while I was worried that it might not arrive on time, it did. The challenge though was that it was a jumpsuit with a zipper at the back. I had to ask colleagues to help me zip it up everytime I had to use the toilet hahaha. Maybe the next time I wear it, I will attach a string or something to the end of the zipper to make it easy for me to zip myself up or down.

My Minions Costume

I met up with my friends Martin, Jane, and Mike on December 8, which was a holiday so we agreed to make the most of the extra day off. I made some suggestions and everyone agreed to meet up at Breakfast at Antonio's (Robinsons Magnolia branch). I had just eaten there a few weeks ago but I didn't mind eating there again. This time, I had the Housemade Bacon Roesti. This dish has changed since I enjoyed it the first time several years ago. While I enjoyed the previous recipe more, this one is still good.

Housemade Bacon Roesti at Breakfast at Antonio's

The next day, I met up with my ex-colleagues at Prologue in Rockwell. I had eaten there before and I really liked their Croque Madame so I decided to have that one again. I also ordered dessert. Their Banana Pumpkin cake called out to me, mainly because I don't think I've ever had that kind of a cake before (and I actually do like pumpkin-flavored desserts). I gotta say, I quite enjoyed it.

Banana Pumpkin cake at Prologue

I'm really happy that I have already gotten to celebrate the holiday season with a lot of really important people in my life. I'm certainly looking forward to more get-togethers and reunions in the coming weeks.

No comments: