Tuesday, August 15, 2023

New Shoes

I kinda went on a bit of a shoe buying spree recently. In two weeks, I ended up buying three pairs of shoes. To be fair though, I needed to replace two pairs. I wrote about having to retire my blue and yellow Metcon 2 Flywire shoes a couple of months ago. Most of my other pairs of shoes were predominantly white or black (or a combination of both) so every time I would go to a shoe store, I would check whether they had any shoes with bright colors. Recently, when I went into a Nike store, I saw these Nike SuperRep Go 3 Next Nature Flyknit shoes. They are bright blue with yellow-orange highlights, similar to my retired Metcons. I tried them on, thought they fit well, and decided then and there to buy them. This purchase came with two bonuses. First, the salesperson told me that if I bought three items (including those shoes), I could get 30% off on all of them. My brother's birthday was coming up so I decided to buy a couple of shirts for him and that allowed me to avail of the 30% discount. Cool! The second bonus is that these shoes I got are made with at least 20% recycled content. Awesome! While I may not be able to use my favorite Metcon shoes anymore, I'm happy I was able to find a good-enough replacement.

Nike SuperRep Go 3 Next Nature Flyknit

I also recently noticed some damage in my brown Sperry shoes recently. I've had them for a while now so I thought that maybe it was time to replace them. I finally found a pair that I liked in Aldo. It helped that they weren't as expensive as the other brown shoes that I had seen and liked. After trying these Aldo shoes on, I decided to get them.

Brown Aldo shoes

The third pair I got were these white Metcon 8 shoes with bright crimson and obsidian highlights. I had been seeing this style of shoe for a while but I only saw this particular color scheme on the app. It was also on sale. However, it wasn't until I saw someone wearing these shoes that I decided I wanted to get them. I went to a nearby Nike store but they told me that this particular shoe with the colors I wanted wasn't able in any Nike store in the Philippines. It was most likely available on the app because it would be shipped from abroad, possibly Singapore so they suggested I just buy from the app. So that's what I did. It was my first time using the Nike app to make a purchase and my shoes arrived in 4 days, which was the estimated delivery time. I know that I just bought another pair of sneakers that I don't actually need but I got them at 30% off and I do like how they look so I guess I shouldn't feel too guilty haha.

Nike Metcon 8

If you're wondering about the shoes that I got rid off, I donated them. Don't worry, I made sure that the recipients understood the condition of the shoes and I checked if they were okay with them and they said that they were. Hopefully my old shoes can still serve their new owners well.

No comments: