Monday, August 28, 2023

Escolta at the Peninsula Manila

For the first time, I took my family to Escolta, the luxury buffet restaurant at the Peninsula Manila. We were celebrating the birthdays of my mom and my brother and I thought this place would be a perfect venue.


Another reason why I chose that place was because I got a 1-year membership package at the Manila Pen. This membership comes with a free overnight stay at a Superior Room along with several discount vouchers. One of those vouchers gave me 50% off for Sunday Brunch at Escolta for a party of 4 to 12 people. The challenge though is that Manila Pen is a very popular place to visit on Sundays, which means parking is always full. We had to park some distance away from the hotel because when we arrived, even valet parking was full!

My membership also allows me to avail of up to three vouchers at a time, so I decided to also use my vouchers for a free celebration cake and for a free bottle of wine. The requirement to claim these gifts is that you dine at any Manila Pen restaurant in a group of at least 4 people and that you inform them in advance of your plan to use these vouchers. 

Having buffet brunch turned out to be a great plan because everyone enjoyed the food and ate a lot! I have now more than made up for the cost of my 1-year Manila Pen membership: I've used my free overnight stay, I got 50% off of Sunday brunch for 9 people, I got a free cake, and I got a free bottle of wine. Hopefully, I can use more of my vouchers and that my family can enjoy more meals at the Peninsula Manila.

No comments: