Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Rest in Peace, Via

2023 hasn't been an easy time for my family. A couple of months ago, I lost my cousin Maricel. Earlier this month, I lost Nanay. Now, I lost another cousin, Via.

Via moved to the US a long time ago and it's been a while since I got to see her. Sadly, she got sick. I found out about her illness only a few days before she passed away. At that time, we knew she didn't have a lot of time left so some of my relatives here in the Philippines were trying to figure out if anyone could fly to the US to be with her. Sadly, no one was able to go. Thankfully, my cousin was with her partner who loved her very much. He and his family took very care of Via and stayed with her until the end.

I come from a very big extended family and the great thing about it is that you have a lot of love in your life. Sadly, of course, as I get older, I start losing more people in my life. Via was not many years older than me so it fills me with grief to know that she is no longer with us. But at least I know she felt loved and she was surrounded by people who cared for her very deeply.

Rest in Peace, my dear cousin Via. We love you and we miss you.

No comments: