Friday, December 23, 2022

RIP tWitch

Very sad news. Stephen Boss, more popularly known as tWitch, passed away.

I used to watch So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD) back when it was shown on one of the channels on Skycable and tWitch was one of my favorites. He placed second in Season 4 where he performed one of his most memorable routines on the show with Katee. He returned to the show three years later as an all-star in season 7. It was here that he put in a performance that quite possibly made him a bit of a household name. He and Alex did a hip-hop routine choreographed by Tabitha and Napoleon D'umo that went viral. Check it out here:

video uploaded in YouTube by roman0102

This dance was such a hit that Ellen wanted to perform it, which she did with Twitch in the Season 7 finale. A few years later, he became the resident DJ of the Ellen DeGeneres Show, where he remained until the show ended in 2022.

I also love the fact that tWitch ended up marrying Allison Holker, who may possibly be my all-time favorite contestant on the show. His proposal to Allison is on YouTube. It moved me the first time I saw it and now that I watch it again, it moves me but in a different way now.

Sadly, he took his own life. I have known for a while now that people who struggle with mental health issues sometimes look to be the happiest people we know and his untimely passing reminds us of this sad and painful truth.

Rest in Peace, Stephen "tWitch" Boss.

No comments: