Sunday, December 25, 2022

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone!


It has become my annual tradition to bring food to my family on Christmas Eve that would last until Christmas dinner the next evening. This year, I decided to order from two places. From Dulcelin, I got the US Beef Belly Roast Beef, Lola's Chicken Relleno, Cannelloni, and Blackened Fish Fillet with Dirty Rice. Since Dulcelin doesn't have any vegetable dishes, I decided to order the Caesar Salad from Matchpoint Catering. (I also tossed in Matchpoint's Gambas and Scallops al Ajillo so we would have a shrimp dish because one of my nephews loves shrimp.)

For dessert, I wanted something really fancy that we would normally not order. Dulcelin has a lot of great desserts but we've tried many of them already so I wanted to get something that I wouldn't normally get. I kept seeing Serendipity Gourmet on social media so a few weeks ago, I messaged them to ask if they still had available pies for pick-up the day before Christmas and they did. I decided to order their Bellissimo Blueberry Mango Gourmet Pie. It looked really fancy and it has really great flavors. It was very expensive but it was a special occasion so I thought it would be worth it to splurge.

Bellissimo Blueberry Mango Gourmet Pie from Serendipity Gourmet

We also got to do a couple of things for the first time in years: (1) we physically went to church to hear mass and (2) we had Christmas dinner at my aunt's house. Over the pandemic, my aunt and her family would visit us during Christmas. But since my grandmother has been going out  a lot more recently, my aunt and uncle thought that maybe we could all have dinner at their house this time around. So we did.

It was a really good Christmas celebration with family. Hopefully you all had a great time too!

No comments: