Friday, February 18, 2022

Sunday from Tick, Tick... Boom!

This is one of my favorite songs from Tick, Tick... Boom! Check it out here:

video uploaded in YouTube by Netflix Film Club

Apart from the fact that it has a beautiful, almost haunting melody and is exquisitely sung with amazing harmonies, it is apparently performed by a who's who of Broadway. I will admit that I don't know many of them but I did recognize enough of them such as Bernadette Peters, Chita Rivera, Adam Pascal, and Bebe Neuwirth to realize that the entire ensemble must have been Broadway greats. I searched online and found this article from cbr.com: Tick, Tick… Boom!: Every Broadway Cameo in ‘Sunday’. After reading this, my appreciation for Sunday grew even more. Everyone in this performance has at least one Tony nomination, with many of them being nominated and winning multiple times (and yes, that includes Andrew Garfield himself who won a Tony for Lead Actor in a Play for Angels in America). Lin Manuel Miranda and the creators of Tick, Tick... Boom! really did a fantastic job in casting this number.

No comments: