Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Hungarian Czardas

My grandfather (on my mom's side) was an amazingly talented violinist and pianist. When he was still alive, one of the pieces that he played the most was Hungarian Czardas by Vittorio Monti. My grandmother would sometimes wistfully tell me that she wished that we recorded my grandfather playing music when he was still alive. When she got a smartphone - her first one ever - and started understanding how to use social media and YouTube, I shared this video of German musician David Garrett playing Hungarian Czardas. I felt she would enjoy listening to a piece she was very familiar with. As it turned out, she did.

 

video uploaded in youtube by Picastrussa 

I'm glad I got to share this video with my grandmother because she has listened to this many times since. She has also become a fan of David Garrett and she has listened to many of his other recordings and performances online.

No comments: