Thursday, November 18, 2021

Quarantine Stories Part 15

I finally bought a Smart TV. There were a few reasons why I decided to get one. First, my old one was already having problems. Which made sense since I've had it for almost 16 years and it would be on for several hours a day (especially during the pandemic). Second, while I had subscribed to HBO Go earlier this year and to Netflix more recently, I haven't been able to maximize these subscriptions because I don't really like watching shows on my laptop or on my phone. After some recommendations from friends, I decided to get an LG smart TV from Anson's. The cool thing about it is that it already has both the Netflix and the HBO Go apps so I just needed to log in.

The problem was that while my new TV had the same screen size as my old TV, it was a lot shorter (in terms of height). My old LCD TV had a tall stand while my new one doesn't. As such, when I would watch TV from my bed, I would have to kinda look down. That certainly wasn't ideal nor ergonomic. I felt I needed a riser on which to put my TV. The problem is that the legs of the TV were so far apart from each other and I couldn't find a TV or monitor riser long enough for it. I ended up getting two TV risers - one per leg of my TV. Since the two risers would go over the edge of my TV table if I put them side by side, I oriented them to be parallel with each other. It doesn't look all that great but at least the TV is at the right height now. (These monitor risers also had to be assembled. It was the first time in years that I had to do some handyman-type work, which I thought was cool.)

I still haven't quite gone through movies and series that I haven't seen yet because I want to be fully focused when I watch something new and I've been terribly busy and distracted lately. As such, I keep playing shows and movies I've watched before. I just finished my Suits marathon since I never got to finish this series. It was pretty nice getting reacquainted with Harvey, Mike, and the rest of the characters and I got reminded why I really loved this show during its nine-year run. I am taking some time off during the Christmas break so I hope I can go through my to-watch list then.

*****

In other news:

My new BPI credit card was compromised! Someone tried to make a purchase at a luxury store in in Europe worth around P31,000 but thankfully, that transaction was declined. I called BPI immediately after and they will now replace my card at no cost. It's a bit of a hassle but I'd rather have a more secure card.

The bad news: my washer-dryer, or specifically its drying functionality, broke down. I had to do quite a few laundry cycles without being able to dry my clothes (I had to hang them while damp inside my pad). The good news: the technician was able to fix it during his visit. I was worried that he would need to pull my washer-dryer out, leaving me with no good option to do my laundry for a week or so but thankfully, that wasn't the case. I'm really happy that the dryer is working properly now.

No comments: