Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Wedding Weekend

We're only two months into the new year but I have now attended four weddings! Just this last weekend, I attended two weddings. Thankfully, they were scheduled on different days so I was able to attend both. On Saturday, Gian and Blessy got married in St. Michael the Archangel Parish near Uptown Mall in BGC. It was my first time in this church and I love how bright and airy it is. Arguably the most memorable moment during the ceremony was the bridal march, when Blessy sang a few bars of a beautiful love song while walking down the aisle. Awesome! The dinner reception was at Bonifacio Hall in Shangri-La at the Fort. The ballroom decor was absolutely stunning, with gorgeous lights draped elegantly from the ceiling.


The introduction of the entourage and the couple was also really cool, with all of them performing a dance number that was well-rehearsed and well-choreographed. I actually found it very entertaining. :) The first dance of Blessy and Gian was even more amazing, as it included a very romantic lift and an exquisite dip that I believe ended with a kiss.


Gian was my teammate in my previous job so a lot of our ex-colleagues were also there, making it a fantastic reunion. As this was Shangri-La at the Fort, the food was sublime, including the desserts: tiramisu in a chocolate cup and a mille-feuille. I planned to leave once the program was over but Gian asked me to stay so I did. I ended up leaving once the party was over, which was after midnight. It was a truly memorable night.


The next day, I attended the wedding of Pao and Therese. The church ceremony was held at the Manila Cathedral in Intramuros. It's been a while since I had been here so it was a welcome return for me. However, I woke up late that morning and thought I was going to be late for the wedding which was supposed to start at 1pm. Thankfully, the time indicated at the invitation was padded; the ceremony actually started at 1:30pm so I ended up being quite early. Cool!


The reception was held at Casa Ibarra near Mall of Asia. Both Pao and Therese are ex-colleagues so for the second night in a row, it was like I was attending a massive reunion. The program started quite early (I assume it was because the wedding was on a Sunday and there was work the next day) with the entourage being introduced at maybe around 530pm. The emcee started with a game that would prioritize the tables for the buffet dinner. Only one person per table would compete and I realized later on that I should've volunteered to participate because the game was "Name that tune"  with a twist; after guessing the title of the song, you had to dance to it. I knew almost all the songs and their dances so if I participated, our table could've been one of the first 2 to 3 to hit the buffet tables LOL. Nevertheless, because I was catching up with so many people and because dinner was served quite early, there was no rush to eat. :) Oh and another memorable moment from this wedding was the rock star entry of the newlyweds: they entered the venue with microphones in hand and sang Cruisin'. So cool!


The program ended at around 8pm and while I planned to leave immediately after the program (it was a full weekend so I was tired), it was so much fun catching up with many of my friends that I ended up staying an extra hour and leaving at 9pm. The great thing about weddings is that you celebrate one of the most special days that two people will ever have and you get to reunite with many of your friends and/or relatives.

No comments: