Friday, January 31, 2020

FOO'd by Davide Oldani

This is a really late post but it was a special celebration so I felt I should still write about it. When my friend Michele celebrated her birthday, she decided to take us to FOO'd by Davide Oldani, which is one of her favorite restaurants. I had never eaten there before so I was looking forward to our dinner here. Upon arriving, we were served bread and cheese cream and it was really good.


Food is ordered by selecting one of the three tasting menus: 3-course, 4-course, and 5-course. I believe all of us chose the 4-course tasting menu which consists of 1 Antipasto, 1 Primo, 1 Secondo, and 1 Dolce. For my antipasto, I selected the Iberico Pork and Scallop, which is a scallop appetizer served with Iberico pork and a green pea puree.


For my primo, I chose the Riso Marsala, with 18-month aged Carnaroli (a type of rice), black pepper, breadcrumbs, and Marsala sauce.


I had the 36 Hour Shortrib for my secondo. This dish is US Angus Prime Shortib served with creamy polenta and mushroom ragout.


Finally, for dolce, I chose the White Chocolate Souffle served with apricots, almond biscotti, and amaretto gelato.


Everyone in our table decided to share desserts with each other. I gotta say, all the desserts are plated exceptionally well. This Dark Chocolate Mousse with Cacao Crumble, Raspberry, and Dark Chocolate Gelato looks really mouthwatering...


...as does this Lemon Curd, which is a Dehydrated Lemon Meringue with Cacao Crumble, Curry Almonds, and Lettuce Gelato. While I do love chocolate and I really enjoyed the dark chocolate mousse, I think this lemon curd dessert was my favorite because it was really inventive and delicious.


Since FOO'd is a fine-dining restaurant, it's definitely not cheap but the food is superb, the ambience is elegant and tasteful yet cozy and comfortable, and the service is great. I may need to save up for another visit to this place.

FOO'd by Davide Oldani
https://www.facebook.com/pages/FOOD-by-Davide-Oldani-Shangri-La-at-the-Fort/670327909842873
Address: Shangri-La Hotel at the Fort, 30th St cor, 5th Ave, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig, Metro Manila
Phone: 0917 711 4469

No comments: