Friday, January 09, 2015

Tagaytay Trip year 3: Amoroma Ristorante Italiano

I tried two new restaurants during my last trip to Tagaytay. The first was Amoroma Ristorante Italiano. This restaurant is just along the Tagaytay-Calamba road and it is very close to the Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay Road. It has a very traditional Italian interior, with its warm and cozy colors and its checkered tablecloths.


Instead of getting an appetizer and a main dish, I decided to instead order one of their pasta dishes and one of their pizzas. For my pasta, I got the Gnocchi Sorpresa (P295).


Gnocchi are light and fluffy pasta dumplings made from potatoes. You choose one of four sauces for this dish. I selected the Gorgonzola sauce (the other options are Alfredo, Pomodoro, and Basilo). I'm a big fan of gnocchi and I really enjoyed this dish. It's also pretty decently priced considering that gnocchi dishes in other Italian restaurants in Manila are in the P350-450 range.

For my pizza, I ordered the Salsiccia e Cipolle Rosse (P340). This is a 13" thin crust Pizza served with Italian sausage and Red Onion.


The pizzas in Amoroma are baked in a brick oven which I think makes them taste better. The pizza was, for the most part, really good. The only downside for me was the red onion. While it did clearly state in menu that the pizza is served with red onions, I didn't realize how overpowering they would be. I ended up picking off most of them (and as you can see in the photo above, there were quite a lot). I wanted to save room for dessert so I ate only half of the pizza at the restaurant and I took the rest back to the hotel for a midnight snack later that night. :)

To cap off my evening, I ordered their Tiramisu (P185) and paired it with Cafè Americano (P75). Both the dessert and the coffee were pretty good. I was pretty happy with my overall dining experience here.


Amoroma Ristorante Italiano is pretty easy to find and while there are only a few parking slots out front, there are a whole lot more parking slots at the back. There's a pretty interesting nod to The Creation of Adam from the Sistine Chapel that is similarly painted on a ceiling, in this case, that of the staircase at the back of the restaurant. :)


Amoroma Ristorante Italiano
Tagaytay-Calamba Road, Barangay Tolentino East,
National Highway, Tagaytay City of Cavite
For Reservations/Booking: 0929.2690370, 0916.3829883
(Note: they don't accept email reservations)

Click here for link to Google map location

No comments: