Thursday, July 04, 2024

Happy Birthday, Wolf!

I will be perfectly honest: none of us at home know exactly when the birthday is of our pet dog Wolf. We adopted him from my grandparents when their dogs gave birth to a few puppies and couldn't take care of all of them. I do know he moved to our home in June. We don't normally celebrate Wolf's birthday - probably because we don't know the specific date - but this year, I thought we would celebrate at least his birth month.


Wolf has been getting sick a lot recently. I guess that's not at all surprising considering he is more than a decade old, making him a senior among dogs. Shortly before his birth month, he was in really bad shape. He lost a lot of weight because he wasn't eating and one day, as I was petting him, I noticed he was losing his fur at a more rapid rate than usual. I told my nephew to take him to the vet, which he did, and after taking some medication, he started to get better. I don't know how much more time we have with our beloved dog who has been with us longer than any pet we've had in the past so it made sense for us to celebrate his birthday, even if we didn't know exactly when it was. I saw this Chubby Paws 4-inch rainbow birthday cake with beef and liver flavor at Pet Express and got it for him. Thankfully, he liked it.

Rainbow birthday cake from Chubby Paws

Happy birthday, Wolf!

No comments: