Sunday, July 14, 2024

The Fat Seed Cafe + Roastery

The Fat Seed Cafe + Roastery has been in my radar for a while now. I learned about this place when looking for possible brunch venues with my friends. Its menu really appealed to me when I saw it so when I was in Glorietta recently and was thinking of a place to eat, I remembered that there was a Fat Seed branch at One Ayala Mall and decided to eat there.

Fat Seed Cafe + Roastery

For this first visit, I wanted to try a couple of items on their menu. First, I ordered their Bacon and Cheese Omelet (P270).

Cheese Omelet

I asked the waiter if it came with some toast and he said it didn't so I decided to pair it with their Grilled Cheese Sandwich (P380), which is a parmesan crusted brioche with four cheeses, served with tomato soup. That's a really good combo in my book.

The Grilled Cheese Sandwich comes with Tomato Soup

There wasn't anything too fancy about the dishes I ordered but they are flavorful comfort foods that make for a perfect brunch/lunch. I quite enjoyed my first visit here so when I had another opportunity to visit, I did. This time around, I ordered the Buttermilk Fried Chicken & Ube Waffle. There are a few options for this particular dish - 1 chicken and 1/2 waffle, 1 chicken and 1 waffle, and 2 chickens and 1 waffle. I decided to get the 1 chicken and 1 waffle option (P420). I don't think I've ever had ube waffles before but this was pretty good. I'm a fan of Chicken and Waffles so this dish was right up my alley.

Buttermilk Fried Chicken & Ube Waffle

On my third and most recent trip to Fat Seed, I was pretty hungry so I decided to order The Notorious Big (P625). This is their version of a big breakfast set, with eggs, bacon, sausages, skillet mushrooms, tomato, and sourdough. This is my go-to dish whenever I visit places that serve brunch and this one didn't disappoint.

The Notorious Big

What I also love about The Fat Seed Cafe + Roastery is its ambience. It's very cozy and welcoming, making it an ideal place to chill out with friends or read a book while enjoying some good coffee. There are plants all over the restaurant and on the tables, adding some color and warmth. There are also unique decorative pieces inside, such as the very interesting and striking light fixture at the center of the restaurant.

Interior of Fat Seed in One Ayala Mall

The Fast Seed Cafe + Roastery has four branches in Metro Manila: One Ayala, Greenbelt 3, UP Town Center, and BGC. Clearly, I love this place as I've visited it three times already in a short span of time. I will definitely be visiting this place a lot more in the future.

The Fat Seed Cafe + Roastery
https://fatseed.com.ph/

No comments: