Tuesday, July 05, 2022

Overdoughs Cafe + Elait

I finally got to try Overdoughs cookies! And not only that, I actually got to dine in Overdoughs Cafe + Elait. Cool!

Overdoughs Cafe at the Promenade in Greenhills

During the pandemic, Overdoughs popped up in my social media feed on multiple occasions. I learned that this establishment employs deaf people and because of that, I had been wanting to try them out. I never got around to it though until recently. The first time was when I went to Century City Mall. I saw an Overdoughs kiosk at the lower ground floor and I immediately decided to try their OD Mini Chonky Cookies.

Overdoughs OD Mini Chonky Cookies and Crinkles

When I visited Greenhills recently for some errands, I decided to have lunch at Overdoughs Cafe + Elait, which is located at the second floor of Promenade Mall (in the cinema area). I ordered the Meat Me All The Way OD Sourdough Pizza (P569), which had salami, bacon, and homemade Italian sausage. I enjoyed it, but because I wanted to try more items on the menu, I ate only half of it and took the rest home.

Meat Me All The Way OD Sourdough Pizza

I then ordered dessert: Salted Dark and Cream Chonkie Rolled Ice Cream (P149) from Elait. There are two options for rolled ice cream: custard and yogurt. I decided to go with custard.

Salted Dark and Cream Chonkie Rolled Ice Cream from Elait

I decided I wanted to get some pasalubong for my family so I ordered two cups of OD Mini Chonky Cookies; I got one cup with eight regular chonkies (P209) and the other cup I got had eight chonkies with walnuts (P229).

OD Mini Chonky Cookie Cups

I also got a box of five assorted mini flaky empanadas (P200). These come in three flavors: Cheesy Chicken, Beef and Mushroom, and Ham and Cheese.

Assorted Mini Flaky Empanadas

I quite enjoyed my dining experience here and I loved the fact that I was supporting a business that employs deaf people so when I needed to return to Greenhills a week later, I decided to have lunch here again. This time, I decided to order their Chicken and Fries (P299). This combined their chicken strips with their OD fat fries, which are deep fried in beef tallow and tossed in their special Cajun seasoning. I have to say, I really enjoyed this! Not only did I think that it was a really good portion size for P299, the chicken and the fries all tasted great! I ended up ordering extra gravy (P20) because I liked dipping the fries in gravy (instead of in ketchup).

Chicken and Fries

While many of the employees are deaf,  I didn't have any problems ordering or communicating with them. Even if I don't know how to use sign language, I would just point at menu items I wanted to order. I also used hand gestures to communicate and they always understood what I was trying to say. For instance, to indicate that I was leaving it up to them which chonkie flavors to include in my assorted cup order, I just pointed to all the cookies in kind of a circular, all-encompassing motion and they got what I was saying. When I wanted water and made gestures to ask for water, they understood me as well. Thanks to Sesame Street, I actually know how to sign the alphabet but I felt that using hand gestures would just be easier. I do know how to sign "Thank you" now and I would use it when interacting with their personnel.

Elait at the Promenade in Greenhills

I'm really glad I finally got to try Overdoughs and Elait. There are several stores located all over Metro Manila so hopefully, I can enjoy their food again soon. My brother told me that their ube-flavored OD Bavarian Cream Doughnut is really good so maybe next time, I can try that.

Links:
Overdoughs: https://overdoughs.ph/
Overdoughs on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/overdoughsph/
Elait on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/elaitph/

No comments: