Thursday, July 28, 2022

Las Casas Filipinas De Acuzar

I had been hearing about Las Casas Filipinas De Acuzar for a while now and over the years, I've seen a lot of beautiful photos taken by my friends who had been there. I've always been interested to see it myself. And now, because my friend invited me to his wedding there, I finally got to visit this beautiful and very photogenic resort in Bagac, Bataan.

Las Casas Filipinas De Acuzar

Because I booked a room, I had the opportunity to see Las Casas both at night with all the lights and during the day.

Night lights along the banks of the Umagol River

After the reception, before heading back to my room, I strolled around the resort grounds to take photos. Hotel De Oriente looked stunning...

Hotel De Oriente at night

...as did Casa Hagonoy.

Casa Hagonoy

I took a quick look at Estero De Binondo, which was just behind my hotel building. 

Estero De Binondo

I walked over the bridge to one of the "islands" in the resort to take a snapshot of Plaza Francisco.

Plaza Francisco

The next morning, after breakfast, I decided to return to the locations I visited the day before, such as Sanctuario De San Jose, the church where the wedding ceremony was held...

Sanctuario De San Jose

...and Plaza Mayor De Tobias, this time without the reception set-up. There is a large fountain right at the center of the plaza.

Fountain at Plaza Mayor De Tobias

Underneath the Lola Basyang Bridge on the side the faces Hotel De Oriente, you will find sculptures of Philippine mythological creatures: a tikbalang, a manananggal, and a kapre.

Sculptures of Philippine mythological creatures underneath the Lola Basyang Bridge

I also didn't know that Las Casas was a beach resort. I didn't bring any swim gear but I didn't feel bad about it because I didn't really have time to swim anyway since check out was at noon. Instead, I decided to take photos of the beach and the sea.


At the far end of the resort is a jetty lined with beautiful and intricately designed lamp posts.

jetty with beautiful lamp posts

I also spotted a memorial that was built in honor of Filipino and American soldiers who fought during the Battle of Bataan during World War II.

Memorial for soldiers who fought in the Battle of Bataan

I decided to go back to my room at 11am to get cleaned up before checking out and heading home. My room was a deluxe room that I booked via Agoda. It was pretty big, with a king-sized bed.

Deluxe room with a king-sized bed

It also had a pretty spacious bathroom. (There is actually a bath tub on the other end of the bathroom - it was right behind me when I took this next pic - but I didn't get to use it.)

bathroom in the deluxe room

My room doesn't have a glass window but it does have a large wooden door that opens up into a small balcony. I was lucky that my room had a fantastic view of the beach. I didn't open it during the evening because I didn't want bugs to get in but I did keep it open for a short time in the morning while I got ready to check out. Naturally, I had to take a photo.

Incredible view of the beach from my room

My friend recommended to me that I go inside Hotel De Oriente and I did. I will write more about this in my next post.

Next post: Hotel De Oriente

No comments: