Thursday, May 12, 2022

Mother's Day Celebration

Since the pandemic started, all our special celebrations have been at home. For Mother's Day, I thought of trying to make it extra special for both my mom and my grandmother. Obviously, you can't have a celebration like this without cake. Since my mom has been trying to reduce her sugar intake recently, I decided to get a keto cake for her. I ordered the Bordeaux Chocolate Fudge cake from Chrisha's Kitchen and interestingly enough, they were offering specially decorated cakes for Mother's Day. I got another cake for Nanay. Patisserie Le Choux-Colat had been popping up quite a lot in my social media feed and I had been interested in it for a while so I decided to order their Yema Cacao Entremet Cake. It looks really beautiful. I ended up trying both cakes and they were both good. The keto cake was surprising because it's very low in sugar and carbs but you don't feel like you are being being deprived of enjoyment when you eat it.

Bordeaux Chocolate Fudge cake from Chrisha's Kitchen and Yema Cacao Entremet Cake from Patisserie Le Choux-Colat

I also put in a bit of effort thinking of what to get them. I got a Tempur pillow for my mom. I figured it would be a bit of a unique gift and hopefully she would enjoy it. I also added another gift - a pair of pre-loved Christian Dior sunglasses. My friend set up a business that sells pre-owned items and she had several sunglasses for sale. I watched one of her live shows and I saw these Dior glasses that I thought looked really classy and stylish. That said, I wasn't sure if they would look good on my mom so I asked my friend if I could borrow them first so my mom could see if it fit her well. My friend ended up handing me all the sunglasses she's trying to sell. That way, my mom could try them all on and pick which one was the best. In the end, the Dior sunglasses not only fit, they looked great on my mom so I ended up getting them as an extra gift. 

Pre-loved Christian Dior sunglasses I got for my mom

I wasn't sure if my grandmother would have any use for sunglasses but I asked her anyways if she also wanted a pair. Interestingly enough, her current pair was broken so she said it would be nice to have a new - or well in this case, a pre-owned - pair. She tried on all the sunglasses and we felt that a pair Cath Kidston shades looked best on her so I got them as an extra gift. (I think they might have been new because the tags were still attached.)

Cath Kidston shades I got for my grandmother

I say extra gift because I wasn't planning on getting those shades for my grandma, which means I had other gifts for her already. Since she can feel a bit cold sometimes (not this summer obviously), I ordered a couple of light robes from Zalora. I also got her bedroom slippers (also from Zalora). She actually thought the slippers looked too fancy and didn't want to use them but I told her that it would be a waste if she had these nice things and never used them. I'm guessing she liked what I got her because she posted a picture of all the gifts she received.

Bedroom slippers I got for my grandmother

I also ordered a lot of food, including a Caesar salad tray (my mom really loves salad) and lengua (which my grandmother really loves). While we just celebrated at home, it was still pretty special. I'm also happy that my mom and my grandma liked the gifts I got for them.

No comments: