Thursday, October 28, 2021

Sugar Rush

Over the last couple of months, I got to try some different cakes and desserts. Quite possibly the most fanciful one I had is this Celebrate Cake from BBakery, which was given to me as a gift by my board gaming friends. It's a light cake (possibly chiffon?) with cream and a very generous amount of different fruits. Most of the cake is are covered in gelatin, making it quite unique. It's like a posh version of crema de fruta and I certainly enjoyed it. Plus it looks amazing!

The Celebration Cake from BBakery

I also tried the Ube Chiffon Cake with Ube Halaya Filling from Butternut Bakery. I saw a stall of Butternut Bakery in SM Megamall a while back and it's been coming up in my social media ads for a while so I finally decided to order it. Thankfully, it tastes as good as it looks. Many people at home are big ube fans so this cake was a hit.

Ube Chiffon Cake from Butternut Bakery

I had been craving some kind of lemon or lime-based cake or pie (such as key lime or lemon meringue pie) since the pandemic started. I saw that Mary Grace now offers Limoni Santi, which is frozen lemon curd filling cream topping over a graham cracker crust. I really like this dessert. It's just the right amount of tartness and sweetness that makes you want to eat just one more forkful. I do think they changed the design of this dessert (the photo in the Mary Grace website looks different from the one I bought).

Limoni Santi from Mary Grace

I also tried cookies from Moloko Handcrafted Cookies. I decided to get a box of Brown Butter Choco Chip, a box of Cafe Con Dulcey, and a Limited Edition box which included two Madagascar and Macadamia cookies and two Pistachio Obsession cookies. I think I got to try the Madagascar and Macadamia and the Cafe Con Dulcey, both of which were pretty good. My mom tried the Pistachio Obsession and she said she really liked it. I do think these cookies are a bit on the expensive side - I think they in the Mo' Cookies price range but are smaller - but they do carry some unique flavors so I do think they are worth trying.

Moloko Cookies

No comments: