Saturday, October 09, 2021

Quarantine Stories Part 14

Major milestone: My family and I are now all fully vaccinated! Half of my family got vaccinated a while back but the other half were still unable to secure schedules with the LGU. Thankfully, my company provided vaccines for all employees. On top of that, they also gave all employees the opportunity to purchase vaccines for our families. We all just completed our second doses and while I had to bring my family all the way to Makati (that's where the vaccination center was located), I now feel a great sense of relief. We won't be complacent but it's such a blessing to be significantly more protected against Covid-19. This has to be the highlight of my year so far.


I also got to plant another GCash tree. I didn't really have a lot of green energy but an avocado tree became available and it required "only" 8,520g so I had enough energy to plant it. I have now planted three trees. Cool!


I also just noticed that the main screen of the GForest actually shows all the trees you've planted. Looks really cool!


Another thing I'm really happy about is that I now have an ergonomic chair at home. I've been working from home since Metro Manila was first placed under quarantine in March last year and my chair at home was not ideal to sit on for long periods of time. I was desperately in need of a better seat so when my company decided to sell some of our old but working furniture to employees, I decided to get an ergonomic chair. I got it earlier this week and I can really feel a difference. Since my chair has wheels, I purchased a floor mat from Lazada so that my chair wouldn't scratch the floor (I didn't want to wait for the 10/10 sale to get it haha).


I'm really late but I finally subscribed to Netflix. Part of the reason was because my grandmother was running out of things to watch on TV. Another reason is that sadly, Fox and Disney channels are no longer available on Skycable. I got a premium account and I set up my Netflix account on our Smart TV at home. My grandmother and I watched Unforgettable starring Sarah Geronimo. I really enjoyed this film. It was light and easy to watch. Since the lead characters were a young woman (Sarah) and her grandmother (Gina Pareno), it was quite appropriate because I was watching it with my own grandma. I also think dog lovers will appreciate this movie.


It's sad to lose the Fox Channels on Skycable because I watch them the most (including coverage of the tennis Grand Slam events on Fox Sports). Some consolation: Rock Entertainment is now showing the latest season of Law and Order SVU. This show has been one of my favorites for years now, and when I say years, I really do mean it since this show is now on its 23rd season. What makes it even more special is that Elliot Stabler (portrayed by Christopher Meloni) returned for some episodes in S22 and he's also a recurring character in the current season. I really love his partnership with Olivia Benson (played by Mariska Hargitay) so seeing them interact with each other after after a decade makes the show even more enjoyable.

No comments: