Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Random stuff

I discovered the Golden Duck Singapore Salted Egg Crab Seaweed Tempura chips during a shopping trip to S&R. It looked really interesting so I bought it, tried it, and immediately loved it. I bought more during my next trip to S&R but in my most recent trip, it was no longer in stock. However, I discovered a Golden Duck kiosk in Unimart in Capitol Commons. If I need to get a salted egg snack fix, I now know where to go.


I finished reading my fourth book this year - City of Lost Dreams by Magnus Flyte. This is the sequel to City of Dark Magic which I finished reading early last year. I'm just really happy I am consistently finding the time to read now. Will I manage to finish reading one more book before the year ends? I hope I do.


I also got a really cool Star Wars tumbler recently. My friend Myna is a big Star Trek fan but she keeps getting Star Wars gifts from her friends. She knows I am a Star Wars fan so when I met her recently, she gave me this tumbler. I've used it a few times already since then and I'm really happy to have it. :)


My phone case has been deteriorating over the last two years, but the damage has gotten significantly worse in the last few months. I couldn't find a Samsung S7 Edge case in Digital Walker or at the Spigen kiosk I visited. I asked the Spigen salesman where I could get the case I needed and he told me that all the S7 Edge cases were now sold online. I immediately checked Lazada, found one that I felt met my requirements so I purchased it immediately. I prefer my old Speck case (unfortunately, there are no Speck cases on Lazada or Shopee) but at least my phone is protected again.


Finally, I recently got Spotify Premium. I got notified of a Spotify sale - P9 for the first three months! - and that deal was just too good to pass up. Needless to say, it was absolutely worth it. I've built a couple of playlists, including one with classical music that I absolutely love. I also asked some of my friends who are into jazz music for some playlist suggestions, and I am now very pleased to be listening to playlists that feature Miles Davis, John Coltrane, and Thelonious Monk. I also discovered Kurt Rosenwinkel's Intuit album but it seems to have disappeared on Spotify. Bummer. Still, I am truly enjoying getting to listen to really good music. And other not-so-good songs that are my guilty pleasures LOL.

No comments: