My ex-teammates and I had been planning to have dinner in BGC for a while now and our plans finally pushed through. For our venue, we picked Lore, a restaurant by renowned Chef Tatung Sarthou that serves Philippine cuisine. Two of my friends had dined here before and they highly recommended it so the venue was set.
![]() |
| Lore by Chef Tatung |
We had a whole lot of food that evening, in part because we were all quite hungry and in part because we knew the food here was good and we wanted to try as many items as we could. After all, if we couldn't consume everything that we ordered, we could just always take it out. We ordered some interesting dishes that are not very common, such as the Piangang, which is a Tausug chicken dish stewed in burnt coconut sauce. I love Southeast Asian food cooked in coconut sauce and this was no different. I absolutely loved it!
![]() |
| Piangang, a Tausug chicken dish |
A dish we enjoyed that evening that people don't normally order in fancy restaurants is Mechado. I actually can't recall the last time I had mechado before that evening. Their version was really good, with tender beef and quality ingredients that were prepared really well.
![]() |
| Mechado |
Their version of sisig was also quite good.
![]() |
| Sisig |
We wanted to have some soup so we picked their Kansi na Baka, an Ilonggo beef shank in batwan-soured broth with jackfruit. I had kansi the first time when I went to Bacolod in 2017 and I absolutely love this dish so I was quite happy to try it again.
![]() |
| Kansi na Baka |
Their Ensaladang Talong is prepared quite uniquely, with battered eggplant rind that resembles onion rings.
![]() |
| Ensaladang Talong |
We also had Baked Talaba. I don't normally like oysters but these ones - topped with garlic butter, cheddar, and mozzarella - were quite good.
![]() |
| Baked Talaba |
As if we hadn't had enough to eat that evening, a couple of us also ordered dessert. My friend Irish had the Turon Ala Mode, which is a milk-feuille with banana mousse, langka-rum puree, and sesame seed gelato. I didn't get to try this dish because I was way too full and had my own dessert but I did take a photo because this deconstructed take on turon looked very photogenic.
![]() |
| Turon Ala Mode |
The dessert I had looked very appetizing too. It's called Tibok-tibok, which is a coconut milk pudding from Pampanga with ube and langka, served with custard sauce and flaked with ube crumble and coconut curds. This one was delicious, especially when you enjoy it with good coffee.
![]() |
| Tibok-tibok |
I really enjoyed our dinner here. I know a lot of restaurants that serve Filipino food these days offer fusion Pinoy dishes or local cuisine with a twist and I really enjoy those restaurants. But it's also such a treat when a restaurant serves high quality Filipino dishes that are prepared in a more traditional way. I'm surprised Lore made it to the Michelin Selected list and I would love to eat here again.
![]() |
| Beautifully designed interior |
Lore
https://www.loremanila.com/
Address: 3rd floor One Bonifacio High Street Mall, 3rd Ave, Post Proper Northside, Makati City, 1630 Metro Manila
Phone: 0977-804-9888, 8804-4739
Opening Hours:
- Sunday – Thursday 11 AM – 10 PM (Last Call 9:30 PM)
- Friday – Saturday 11 AM – 11 PM










No comments:
Post a Comment