Monday, March 11, 2024

Prince's Purple Rain performed by Sainted on AGT

This video of Sainted performing Prince's Purple Rain on America's Got Talent popped up in my feed. They are amazing! I'm not surprised they got the Golden Buzzer. Check it out:

video uploaded in YouTube by America's Got Talent

Purple Rain is one of my all-time favorite songs. I've seen/heard this song covered a lot, especially shortly after Prince passed away. For me though, nothing really comes close to Prince, whether we are talking about the original album version or his legendary live performances. (I personally think his live performances of this song are just some of the absolute best live performances I've ever seen from any artist of any song.) But if we are talking about Purple Rain covers, this one by Sainted is one of my favorites. They are a very talented group and it will be interesting to see how well they do in the competition and in the future.

No comments: