Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Travel Alone Idea on YouTube

I recently discovered a YouTube channel whose videos I really enjoy watching: Travel Alone Idea. It shows videos of a Japanese man who, at least for now, travels around Japan and shows the different travel options such as overnight trains,buses, and ferries as well as varying accommodation options such as capsule hotels. I learned about this channel because his video of the Cheapest Private Room on Japan's Overnight Sleeper Train was recommended to me. I watched it and found it really interesting, well-made, and even relaxing to watch. Check out the video here:

  

video uploaded by Travel Alone Idea

What I love about his videos is that he really shares a lot of informative details through English captions, such as needing to buy a shower card or suggesting to buy food before you get on the train. I also realized that the sound of the train in the background is strangely relaxing. In this particular video (which has almost 50 million views as of this writing), I also love how he enjoys some of the local Wariko Soba, which apparently is a specialty of Izumo City. Watching this video really makes me want to revisit Japan!

No comments: