Friday, December 03, 2021

[Throwback] Rome Experiences and Memories

Our trip to Rome could have started out as a bit of a disaster. Right next to the Trevi Fountain was a small church - Santa Maria in Trivio - that we decided to enter. After some prayers, we stepped out to see more of the city when I realized that my camera wasn't with me anymore. I instantly knew that I left it inside the church so we hurriedly went back. It wasn't at the spot where I sat down so I asked someone from the church if they had seen a camera and they did! We made a small donation to the church as a token of our gratitude and said another prayer.

Santa Maria In Trivio Church

I still didn't have as much financial freedom back then as I do now so most of the meals we had were fast food. I actually don't remember having any pasta or pizza during this trip. However, I did make sure to get some gelato that I purchased from a gelato stand along the streets of Rome. I don't remember what flavor I got but I do remember that it was really good!

Fontana del Nettuno or the Fountain of Nepture, in Piazza Navona

While we didn't get to go inside the Colosseum, we saw many people in gladiators costumes outside and we decided to have a photo op with them.

Photo op outside the Colosseum

I also bought a tripod. We passed by a camera shop on our way back to the hotel on our first day there and I decided to go in. I saw this lightweight 3-foot-tall travel tripod that could be collapsed into a pretty small size when it needed to be kept. I used it a couple of times during that trip but more than that, I used it for many more trips after, especially whenever I was a solo traveler. I can't seem to find it anymore but it really did serve its purpose many times.

I took this photo of me at the Arch of Constantine using my tripod

Next: Athens, Greece

No comments: