Wednesday, September 15, 2021

[Throwback] Vacation in China

Many years ago, several colleagues were assigned to China for a project. When I learned that they were planning to do some sightseeing during Chinese New Year, I decide to take some time off of work to join them. My friends found an interesting tour that would take us to Beijing to see the Great Wall of China...

Great Wall of China

...and to Xi'an to see the Terracotta Army.

Terracotta Army in Xi'an

Naturally, there were a lot of other sights and landmarks we visited. This was our itinerary:

Day 1 - Beijing: Lama Temple, Summer Palace
Day 2 - Beijing: Ming Tombs, Great Wall of China
Day 3 - Beijing: Free day (shopping day), Beijing Opera in the evening
Day 4 - Beijing: Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, overnight train from Beijing to Xi'an
Day 5 - Xi'an: Banpo Village, Terracotta Army, Huaqing Hot Springs

Huaqing Hot Springs

The tour actually lasted 1-2 more days after that I think but I couldn't take too much time off of work, especially since I needed to fly back home to Manila. As such, my participation in the tour ended on Day 5. I will be talking in more detail about this trip over the next few blog posts.

At the Lama Temple

Next post: Summer Palace and the Lama Temple in Beijing

No comments: