Sunday, August 16, 2020

Cafe Perene

I have a new place to order really good cakes from: Cafe Perene, which is the sister cafe of Forget Me Not Marikina. A friend of mine highly recommended this place to me and because they do delivery, I actually got to try a few of their cakes during GCQ (and one more during the second MECQ). The first cake I tried was their Nutella Cheesecake which is one of their bestsellers. Thankfully, it lived up to the hype. The cheesecake is silky smooth and there seems to be a layer of mousse on top of it (made of Nutella perhaps). The Nutella frosting adds depth of flavor to each bite. It's really good!

I got this cake right after Metro Manila went on GCQ and I took it to my family for them to enjoy. Since it was my first time seeing my family in months, I decided to also get the Belgian Chocolate Cheesecake (but just the mini size) as an extra treat. This picture is not that great because I took shortly after the cake was taken out of the freezer. I personally prefer the Nutella cheesecake but this one is really good too!

For my brother's birthday, I got the Flourless Chocolate Cake. My friend who recommended Cafe Perene said that this was her favorite chocolate cake and I can understand why. It's not too rich nor sweet but it still has all the chocolate goodness that anyone could want from a cake. (Unfortunately, my photo is not very focused...)

Finally, I had the good fortune to win an Oreo Cheesecake during a weekend raffle. When I placed the order for my brother's cake, the person taking my order said that if I ordered any of their food trays, I would qualify for the raffle. I decided to get a tray of croquettes because I love croquettes. A couple of days later, I got a text saying that I won! Hooray! Unfortunately, they delivered the cake to me during MECQ so there was no way for me to be able to share it with my family. As a result, I eat just a small slice of it each day. I've only eaten half of it as of this writing.

Cafe Perene is a really good find. Apart from cakes, they also offer food trays and bread items. I got to try the three loaves on their menu - blueberry, kiwi, and banana almond - and all of them are good (but I do think the blueberry loaf is my favorite). I'm pretty sure I will order from them again. Check out their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/cafeperene.ph/.

No comments: