Monday, September 23, 2019

Busy in a good way

My social calendar has been pretty full recently, but that's a positive thing and I'm certainly not complaining. Interestingly enough, in these last couple of months, I got to catch up with many of my ex-colleagues on separate occasions. First, I had lunch with Migs, Diann, and Maan in Shangri-La Mall. There was a lot for us to catch up on but the other reason that we were meeting up was because Maan and I were asked to be principal sponsors in Migs and Diann's upcoming wedding. Cool!

I also met up with Mickee, Chelle, and Marge in Glorietta. I was happy that Marge was able to join us because I hadn't seen her since she got married late last year. We wanted to have dinner in Mad Mark's but it was full when we got there so we ended up enjoying dimsum in Tim Ho Wan. Marge couldn't join us for coffee so it was just Chelle and Mickee who joined me in UCC Cafe. Oh and Chelle officially asked me to be a principal sponsor in her wedding with Mon too.

I also had caught up with Eric over coffee in Starbucks. I was near his office one night and since he works Europe shift, I asked him if he could take a quick break so we could meet up briefly and he said he could. I hadn't seen him since he joined a game night early last year and even then, we were playing games so I couldn't really ask him a lot of questions about what was going on in his life. This time around, we were able to have a more in-depth conversation and I was very pleased to hear about all the things going on in his life, both personally and career-wise.

I was near Eric's office that evening because I was invited to Jason's birthday party at his recording studio. Also there were some ex-colleagues who enjoy playing music. Most of the people there are people I hadn't seen in ages since almost all of us there had moved on to new opportunities since the time that we all worked in the same place. Amazing how time flies. Naturally, I also got to sing a few songs that evening, including U2's With or Without You and Radiohead's Creep.

There are several more get-togethers planned with friends over the course of the next month. I'm definitely looking forward to those.

No comments: