Monday, June 29, 2015

A night of firsts

I messaged my friends Joh and Raffa recently to ask for some help and in the course of our discussion, we realized that our set of friends hadn't seen each other in a really long time. Plans were quickly set and a few days later, I met up with both of them as well as with Mike, Alvin and Doray. Mike wanted to have ramen for dinner so we decided to eat at Ramen Nagi in SM Aura. Ramen Nagi has been around for a while now but it was only that night that I got to try it. I ordered the Original King (Butao) and it was pretty good. I definitely wouldn't mind having ramen here again.

For dessert, we headed to Magnum. Dining here is a bit complicated: to get a table, your group must order at least one plated meal per two people; you can't just order ice cream. Thankfully, I was in the mood for a plated dessert, as were a couple of other folks so we managed to get seated. Once again, it was my first time here. I ordered the Crepe Du Jour and I am so glad I did because it was so good!

Crepe Du Jour, photo courtesy of http://lifestyle.inquirer.net

Joh and Doray said however that Magnum will be closing on July 26. Not because it isn't doing well but because it was established as a pop-up restaurant and intended to be around for only about a year. Too bad. There is about a month left before it closes though so maybe I will visit this place again while I still can. (I heard the rest of the food here is pretty good too.)

No comments: