Tuesday, June 07, 2016

La Cocina De Tita Moning closes its doors

Sad news. One of my favorite restaurants, La Cocina De Tita Moning, served its last meal to the public last May 31. I had been here many times before and it was always an enjoyable experience for me to dine here with my family or with my friends. When I found it was closing, I decided I wanted to visit at least one more time. There wasn't enough time to sort out a proper meal here - in fact, the place ended up being fully booked for its last few weeks of operation - so I instead decided to buy some take-out items. Naturally, I decided to get their sensational Bread and Butter pudding.

Bread and Butter Pudding from La Cocina De Tita Moning

I got the large one for my immediate family and I got the picnic size one for my grandmother. I also got a couple of bottles of their delicious Salsa Monja as well as one big jar of Quezo de Bola spread for my immediate family and one small jar of Quezo de Bola spread for my grandmother. I will truly miss this restaurant and its amazing food, great ambience, and fantastic service. Hopefully, their heirloom recipes will once again be available to the public in the future.

*****

It's unfortunate how many of the restaurants where my family and I celebrated important events together have now closed in the last two years: Adarna, Brasserie Cicou, Tin Hau in Mandarin, Prince Albert in Intercon, and now La Cocina De Tita Moning. At least my family did get to experience these places while they were still up and running.

No comments: