Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Davao

(I recently got to visit two Philippine cities for the first time - Davao and Bacolod - to attend to some business. My trips were very short and I didn't get to see enough of both places but I will be writing about what I did experience in these trips. Hopefully I get to visit Davao and Bacolod again soon.)

This was a first: I had a local business trip. I first traveled to Davao for a few days then I headed to Bacolod for a couple of days as well. The schedule was extremely hectic and practically all of my flights were early morning ones. In fact, I took the first flight out to Davao meaning I didn't have any sleep. I was so tired when I arrived in Davao that I didn't get to have my photo taken with the giant durian at the airport.


This trip was so last minute that I didn't have enough time to get people to back me up while I was out. As such, I had to work every night after the business for the day was done. On my first night there, some of my companions decided to have dinner at Nanay Bebeng. I did get to try a few other places, most of them at SM Lanang. Among these are Dayaw Coffee and Tea where I had some brewed coffee (P90). They also have durian-flavored coffee but I'm not a fan of durian so I stayed away from that. :)

Dayaw Coffee and Tea

I also enjoyed my dinner at Cellar de Boca. The The Boca Pork Belly was extremely good! (And at only P265, it is pretty affordable.)

Cellar de Boca

On our final night there, we headed out to the Crocodile Park to try Kaonanan Sa Tribu K’Mindanawan.


We wanted to try this place because of the interesting exotic food items on its menu like ostrich and crocodile meat. However, either they don't offer these items anymore or they weren't available the night that we were there. Nevertheless, we were the only group of people there that night so we had the place all to ourselves, making our dining experience still a lot of fun.

 Kaonanan Sa Tribu K’Mindanawan


While in Davao, we stayed at the Park Inn by Radisson. This was ideal because it was right next to SM Lanang, making it easy for to eat or get coffee.

Park Inn by Radisson

My room at Park Inn had interesting wall art. I didn't realize until quite late that there was a photo of a person in the middle of it. :) I actually liked my room and this hotel and I would definitely recommend it (although I was told it is a little far from the city proper).


I also got to watch the dancing fountain show from the one night from the Fountain Court of SM Lanang. (I didn't even know they had this; I was walking to Dayaw when the show started to I decided to watch.)

Dancing Fountain at SM Lanang

I didn't have time to do any shopping while there and our flight back to Manila was early in the morning. As such, I ended up just buying a box of suha or pomelo at the airport. Despite it being a short trip, I enjoyed my stay in Davao and I hope to get to visit again soon.

No comments: