Friday, December 11, 2015

[Bacolod] 21 Restaurant

Upon arrival in Bacolod, we decided to have lunch in 21 Restaurant. This place is a short walk from our hotel so after we checked in and got settled, we made our way to the restaurant for lunch.


Apparently, this place is popular for its batchoy so I definitely had to try it. I can't recall exactly which batchoy I got as there are a lot of options. I think I got the large one with everything in it except the bone marrow (I would have tried the one with bone marrow but they ran out). It is pretty good and the serving size is pretty hefty.


I was actually very hungry and I felt that a bowl of batchoy would not be enough. As such, I also ordered the Herb Chicken, which is deep fried chicken with herb stuffing and served with gravy, mashed potatoes, and vegetables. I also loved that there is really crispy pork crackling served on top of the mashed potatoes. :) This is pretty good comfort food.


The restaurant itself is quite spacious. It has a casual and relaxed vibe and the slightly different levels make it a bit more interesting.


There's also a lot of art on display towards the back of the restaurant. I don't know if these are just on display or if they are on sale.


21 Restaurant has a pretty substantial menu consisting of international dishes and local favorites. It's also quite inexpensive when compared to similar Manila restaurants. You can check out their menu online.


21 Restaurant
http://www.21restaurant.com/
Lacson Street corner 21st street, Bacolod Negros Occidental
Tel #: +63 34 433 4096
Email: info@21restaurant.com
store hours: 11AM to 11PM daily

No comments: