Saturday, March 21, 2015

Rest in peace, Tita Nelia

I received very sad news this week. My Tita Nelia passed away.

I found out that there was major trouble when I attended a family gathering a couple of weeks ago. As we were saying our goodbyes to each other, my mom and I got pulled into a brief discussion where we learned that Tita Nelia was already on life support in the US. (She was staying with her daughter who lives there now.) Then earlier this week, I got a text from my eldest cousin saying that Tita Nelia had unfortunately passed away.

The last time I saw her was during a family reunion in late August. I guess it's good that my last memory of her is a happy one. While it must be devastating for my cousin to have had to say goodbye to her mother much sooner than she would have wanted, I guess the positive side to this is that they were together until Tita Nelia's final moments on earth. My thoughts and prayers go out to her, and to my cousin Via.

Eternal rest, grant unto Nelia Pobre, O Lord
and let perpetual light shine upon her.
May she rest in peace. Amen.

No comments: