Sunday, March 22, 2015

Bizu Macaron Day: Macarons for Charity

I finally recovered from sore eyes and to celebrate, I spent most of Saturday out of the house. I watched a movie (I'll write about this later), met up with friends, and went to the mall. In the course of the day, I happened to pass by Bizu and I decided to buy coffee and one of their bread products since they apply a 30% discount to some of their baked goods towards the end of the day. As I made my purchase, the lady at the cashier handed me a free macaron, saying that it was Bizu Macaron Day. Cool!

my free macaron

She further explains that the proceeds of all macaron sales on that day will be donated to Virlanie Foundation. As such, despite having a free macaron already, I decided to get two more: Tainori, a macaron made of 64% Valrhona chocolate, with flavors of yellow fruit with earth tones of roasted almonds (P65) and the Lychee Rose (P55).

Lychee Rose (left) and Tainori (right)

I think Bizu Macaron Day is a great idea and I love that it has a charity aspect to it. As I do enjoy macarons, maybe I will keep an eye out for this next year.

No comments: