Thursday, August 14, 2014

Commemorative P10 coin

The other day, I bought a cup of coffee and when I received my change, I noticed that one of the coins didn't look like a normal peso. I thought it was a Euro or a Thai Baht. I was about to return it but since I was curious to see what currency it was, I took a closer look. Thankfully, I did. Apparently, it was a P10 coin!


I did a quick check online to read up on it and apparently, this coin was released by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the birth of Andres Bonifacio. These coins apparently have been in circulation since last December and yet is is only now that I actually saw one.


Thankfully, I checked online first and discovered it is commemorative. I thought BSP released new P10 coins already and I was almost going to use this one to pay for something. Knowing that this is a limited-edition coin now means I will now be keeping it in my currency collection. :)

No comments: