Monday, May 25, 2020

Quarantine Stories Part 2

I've been wanting to organize and back up all my photos for a while now. And by all, I mean all photos I've taken since I started using a digital camera back in 2000. I was assigned in Japan for a project back in 2000 and all my friends who were also there for that same project decided to buy cameras so I thought, I also should. (My first camera was 3.3 Megapixels which back then was top-of-the-line and my memory stick was 128 Mb and that was the largest available memory back then. Whenever I would use that, I had to delete pictures or transfer them to my laptop immediately so I could take more.) I started using digital cameras 20 years ago so you can imagine how many photos I've accumulated over the decades. Anyway, since I am always at home now due to the quarantine, I decided it was the best time to start organizing all my photos. I started doing it during the Holy Week holidays and I'm still not quite done (although I estimate I should be done by next weekend). What slows me down is the fact that when I start organizing my pictures, I end up spending a lot of time looking at and appreciating the thousands of incredible moments captured on camera, such as this one from Paris back in 2003:


I took quite a few trips before I started blogging so I am now thinking of writing throwback posts about these trips. I also have so many travel photos taken before I joined social media so I may just start doing late/throwback posts on social media once I get all my photos organized.

I have come to realize that while I am an extrovert (or at least I think I am LOL), I seem to have a lot of introvert qualities. I haven't gotten bored yet, even if I'm home almost all the time just like everyone else. In fact, I haven't even subscribed to Netflix! I also haven't joined Tiktok (and I don't think I ever will LOL). That said, I still have a cable subscription so I do watch a lot of TV. I recently started watching The Resident, The Good Fight (which is a spin-off of The Good Wife which was one of my favorite TV shows many years ago), and The Good Doctor. I have always been interested in these shows before but I could never quite catch them on TV. Since I'm home all the time now, I've figured out what their airing schedules are so I am now able to watch them regularly.

I also watched the Purple Rain Concert of Prince and Revolution in 1985. It was streamed on YouTube last May 14 and it was supposed to be online for only 3 days. (Not sure how long it will be on YouTube but if you are interested, here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRa8ZH_iOXo.) What an absolutely amazing concert! Watching Prince perform Purple Rain with that incredible guitar solo gave me chills. The passion he radiates when performing is second to none!

I do feel bad that I missed Tales of the Manuvu though. Ballet Philippines streamed it for a week at around the same time that the Purple Rain concert was shown. I watched Purple Rain first, fully expecting I would have time to watch Tales of the Manuvu after but then I got tremendously busy at work. When I finally checked the link for Tales of the Manuvu, it was no longer available. Too bad! I hope they get to stage it again. Friends of mine who saw it say it was amazing.

What I desperately need to do now is exercise. I tried doing push ups and burpees a few weeks ago but somehow, I couldn't sustain it. I guess this is the psychological or emotional effect that the quarantine has had on me: I've lost all discipline to work out. Maybe it's the fact that my workload has increased recently or maybe it's because I spend a lot of time cooking and washing that I just don't feel I have the energy nor the willpower to exercise. I think I've gained weight already, which is a shame because I just bought new jeans before ECQ and I'm guessing they won't fit anymore. I really need to find a way to motivate myself to exercise while at home. (I think maybe I can start doing the easy back exercises I was given when I had back problems many years ago. That should be a good start.)

I also recently started using GCash. I needed it to pay my credit card. Thankfully, I have a friend who works for GCash so he was able to help me set it up and pay my credit card.

I mentioned above that one thing I've started doing a lot more this ECQ is cooking. I will write about my cooking escapades next.

No comments: