Sunday, September 25, 2011

An afternoon in John and Yoko

I have saved a lot on my birthday this year because of all those restaurant discounts that I purchased from online deal sites. I decided to celebrate with my family in John and Yoko in Greenbelt 5. I love this resto and got a few discount vouchers there. I was initially thinking this wouldn't be enjoy a meal with my family because my grandparents aren't really adventurous when it comes to food but I realized that John and Yoko has a very wide menu that features a lot of teppanyaki items which I am sure everyone would enjoy.

Since I was ordering for everyone, I decided to pick a few items that I had been wanting to try there, such as the Salmon Wasabi Cream Sauce (or in Sumo Sam; the two restos are owned by Marvin Agustin and they share almost the exact same menu with items priced the same. I think this is just Greenbelt's way of marketing their malls in a way that makes you think that restaurants there are not found anywhere else.) Everyone seemed to enjoy the food, including my grandparents who I was initially concerned about.

I was initially thinking of ordering dessert there but unfortunately they did not have any coffee. So I paid the bill and we headed to Cafe Breton where I got my coffee fix. We also shared a couple of crepes (my grandfather loves mango and he really enjoyed the La Pinay we ordered). We decided to hear mass in Greenbelt since we were already there. It was late afternoon when we headed back home.

It was a really good birthday spent with my family and I'm especially happy that I was able to bring them to a new place that they enjoyed.

No comments: