Sunday, February 18, 2007

[SWEDEN] My Volvo

Remember I was talking about this Renault Modus I got as my rental car? Well, after having my car for a few days, it started displaying a "Change Oil Soon" message. Not something you expect from a rental car that you've driven for a couple of days only.

So I called Hertz and explained the problem to them. They said that I could return the car so they could have it looked at and fixed if needed, and in the meantime they would lend me another car. They made it clear though that I would be getting the other car back when they had sorted it out.

When I saw my car, I knew why.

I got a Volvo S40. Now I don't know much about cars, but this car was sooo much nicer! You can read more about it here and I'll make sure I take a picture of it (or of me in it haha) before getting back my Modus. After getting the S40, the first thing I thought was, I wish I could just keep this car!

Funny thing about the S40, in relation to me that is, is that it was an automatic. I have driven an automatic only once, with someone else in the car telling me what to do. So when I get in the car and I try to reverse, I can't get it to move. I go back into Hertz and ask them what I need to do and the lady said I need to step on the brake first. Haha, of course I should've known I needed to do that. After all, you have to step on the brake in a stickshift before you can change gears as well.

I had to text Raffa as well about what, er, "setting" the car should be on when I drive it (I figured it should be at D since there was only P, D, R, and N but I thought I'd ask anyway. I didn't want to ask Hertz anymore because they might get too concerned that they rented a really nice car to someone who can't drive an automatic hehe). But after that, it was smooth sailing. Just like driving a bump car, as they say.

But of course the main difference is that this car you can't bump into anything. =)

No comments: