Thursday, March 10, 2016

Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel

I stayed at Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel during my short stay there for a variety of reason. I wanted to stay in a beachfront hotel that had lounge chairs on the beach because I planned to spend a lot of time just laying around at the beach while enjoying shakes and reading a book. I also wanted to stay in Station 2 so that I would just be a short walk away from a variety of restaurants. I wanted a hotel with a pool. I also wanted to stay in a really nice hotel, even if it meant that I would spend a lot more.


Boracay Mandarin ticked all the boxes, and when I saw that it ranked very high on Tripadvisor (it is #7 among hotels in Boracay as of this writing), I decided to stay here. Needless to say, I was not disappointed.


I booked a Deluxe room through agoda. When I checked in, I was told that a deluxe room doesn't normally come with a view of the sea but mine came with a partial view. Cool!


Upon entering my room, I could tell why this hotel is rated very highly. It seems to have been designed to make guests feel very welcome and have a completely relaxing stay. It comes with a queen-sized bed and a double bed. At the far end of the room, there's a wicker chair with with leg rest. While it is only 25 sqm, it feels a lot bigger and more spacious than that.


As if the comfortable space inside the room wasn't enough, my room came with balcony.


Since a beachfront location was a requirement for me in my hotel selection, I made sure to enjoy just lounging about at the beach. (I did write previously that I got to read a book during this trip.) The views from my beach chair throughout the day were of course pretty awesome.


I also made sure that I enjoyed the swimming pool. The Boracay Mandarin pool is not very big and it isn't deep either but it suited my needs perfectly. The cool thing about this pool is that there are partially submerged lounge chairs at one corner of the pool.


Thankfully, each time I hit the pool, this area was vacant so I was always able to sit there. Here's the view from these chairs:


All in all, my stay at Boracay Mandarin Island was superb. The service is great, the room is very comfortable, and the location is perfect. I completely understand why it is so highly rated and I may just stay here again the next time I visit, even if it is a bit on the expensive side. If you want to stay in a good hotel during your Boracay stay, I definitely recommend Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel.

No comments: