Sunday, December 13, 2015

[Bacolod] Calea

Bacolod is the capital city of Negros Occidental, which is known as the Sugarbowl of the Philippines because more than half the sugar in the country is produced here. As such, it shouldn't be a surprise that there are a lot of cake and pastry shops in the city. Possibly the most popular one is Calea.


I was told that what makes Calea a bit different is that it features not-so-traditional cakes along with some of the usual ones. Being a massive fan of sweets, I ended up visiting Calea a couple of times. They have a pretty big display that showcases a wide array of cakes. I do wish that there is a description of each cake to help patrons decide what they want to get. Since there were no descriptions, I had to wait for one of the waiters to be available so I could ask her what each cake was before finally making my selection.


On my first trip, I tried their Imported Chocolate Cake (P95). They had a few different chocolate cakes on display and the waiter told me this was their best seller so I decided to try it. Gotta say, if you are a chocolate fan, this will be a very good choice for you. I thought it was really good and it's pretty cheap too! I certainly wouldn't mind having this cake again.

Imported Chocolate Cake (P95 per slice)

My colleagues raved about the Choco Mud Pie (P100) so I decided to try it on my last night in Bacolod. I thought this was just like other mud pies I've had before but of course it is a lot cheaper.

Choco Mud Pie (P100 per slice)

Brewed coffee here is P75 and it's pretty decent. When I visit Bacolod again, I will make sure to try more of their other cakes. :)


Calea
G/F Balay Quince Commercial Building
15th Lacson St., Bacolod City

No comments: