Saturday, October 24, 2015

Gino's Brick Oven Pizza

I learned about Gino's Brick Oven Pizza a while back from a friend of mine who said that the food here is really good and that we should try it. I haven't been able to go there with my friends yet but when I was headed home last weekend, I thought it might be good for me to try this place. I believe Gino's has a few branches located in different cities across Metro Manila but the one I got to try that afternoon was the Katipunan branch. As it was late in the afternoon, there was no one there when I had my meal.


Since I was alone, it didn't make sense for me to order a pizza LOL so I decided to try the Stuffed Chicken Pasta (P320). This dish has stuffed chicken breast slices served with what seems to be a cream sauce or gravy and aglio olio pasta on the side. I gotta say, I found this dish to be awesome!


The chicken breast was tender and well-cooked, the stuffing was delicious and the rich cream sauce/gravy provided a good taste and textural contrast to the meat. As good as the actual stuffed chicken was, it was the aglio olio that drew my attention. It was cooked to the point of being on the verge of being crunchy but still al dente and the strong garlic and olive oil flavor made this relatively simple pasta dish burst with flavor. I finished this dish thinking when I could try this place next so I can order this dish again. :)

I did place an order for four pastas and two pizzas, all for take out and the food was all pretty good. I have plans to meet up with a couple of friends soon so maybe I can suggest to them that we try this place. I'm pretty sure they will all enjoy the food here.

No comments: