Friday, March 20, 2015

Shredder

How many people do you know buy a shredder for personal use? Well, I did. I guess you could say that I'm being overly paranoid since I don't want to simply crumple old confidential documents and bills and toss them in the trash. I don't want to burn them either. So you can just imagine how much storage space is being used at home by all these pieces of paper that I don't need anymore.

I actually purchased a cheap shredder in Amazon.com early last year but it broke immediately upon my first use (what a lemon). As such, I decided to get another one at an office supply store. I purchased the Fellowes Powershred P-33 which was the smallest and cheapest one available. I don't really need anything more powerful than this.

photo from www.fellowes.com

While my new shredder can handle up to 8 sheets of paper at a time, the manual recommends shredding a maximum of 40 pages a day, probably so that the motor doesn't overheat or the cutter doesn't wear out too quickly. I've slowly been reducing my stash of bills and documents over the last few weeks. Here is the first batch that I've gone through:


It feels good finally getting rid of all those old papers. I still have a lot more old stuff to go through but I'm not in a rush. Needless to say, I am quite happy with my purchase. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have this Fellowes shredder! =)
I also shred my expired credit card with this.