Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Family day

My brother turned a year older recently so of course my family headed out to celebrate. The day started with my other brother and my mom taking my nephews to their school family day. Their event ended shortly after 12 noon so we, including my grandmother, all had lunch at Pinac Heirloom Kapampangan Cuisine in UP Town Center. I had eaten there before but this was my family's first visit. We ordered a lot of dishes, including the Baby Back Braised Beef Humba, Beef Caldereta Eggplant Pargmigiano, Tortang Balasenas, and Ensaladang Pako with Fried Itik Floss, and everything was tremendously good! The dishes here are also very affordable as most of the menu items are in the P150-300 range. I will certainly be visiting this place again.

Since my grandmother had already gone to the cemetery earlier in the day (i.e. I didn't need to take her anymore), I asked her if she wanted to watch a movie instead. She said she wanted to see Crazy Beautiful You starring Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo. I was going to take her to see it but my brother volunteered to watch the film with her instead. So while they were at the cinema, I went shopping LOL. I now have a new sports shirt (been meaning to get one for a while now) and a Big Hero 6 DVD which I have already watched. :)

To make it an official birthday celebration, I brought home an 8-inch Red Velvet Cake from Karen's Kitchen for my family and the smaller, 3-inch solo version for my grandmother. I only discovered this dessert place recently and I love their red velvet cake! When my family tried it, they really enjoyed it too. I got home quite late in the evening and I was really tired after driving around the city all day but it was all worth it as I had an absolutely fantastic and blissful time with my family.

No comments: