Thursday, March 27, 2014

Negatives to CD

As everything continues to get more and more digital and more and more data gets stored electronically, I felt that I needed to convert my negatives into digital photos. After all, my negatives could continue to degrade over time. I saw an option in Kodak that isn't too expensive. Converting 250 pictures from negatives to digital copies that would be saved in a CD costs P500. Not bad.

I got my first digital camera in 2001 and while I did use a disposable camera in 2002 when I went to China because the battery didn't charge properly the night before and it died at the start of our day out, almost all of my negatives are from the 90s. Since it is Throwback Thursday, here are some photos I took with a non-digital camera back in the day:

This is me from my first international trip to Singapore, taken in the Singapore Botanic Gardens. I barely even recognize myself here!


I can't believe how absolutely skinny I was back then. Here's another pic of me in Singapore, this time in Sentosa Island.


I had several business trips to Japan from 1999 to 2001, during which time I got to visit Rokko Island in Kobe...


....as well as Tokyo, where I got to see Steffi Graf play tennis in early 2000 during her farewell tour (she played against Kimiko Date).


The oldest set of photos I have is from 1995. My friends and I went to Agoo. La Union for summer. You can clearly see that the negative has degraded quite badly over the years. :)


I have now converted almost 500 photos from negatives into digital pictures. I plan to do the same for my mom's negatives; she has a whole lot more than I do.

No comments: