Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Fun, food-filled weekend

It was as if I was still right smack in the middle of the Christmas season as the last weekend brought with it lots of food enjoyed with great friends. Alvin and Doray moved to their new place recently and last Friday, they invited us over for dinner. While they ordered food from Boon Tong Kee for our main course, they themselves prepared the salad and the dessert (rocky road ice cream served over corn flakes and with a hazelnut biscuit. Pretty sophisticated!) I should have also taken note of the wine they served because it was quite good. We talked about a whole lot of stuff, from showbiz gossip to online deal vouchers we've purchased and we even tried out the slowmo camera capability of the iPhone 5s LOL. It was close to midnight when we finally called it a night.

I spent most of the next day in SM Aura. My friend Jesse was in town and we decided to meet up in SM Aura since a lot of the gang hadn't been there yet and some folks requested that we meet in BGC. It started out with just me, Jesse, and Tim having afternoon coffee and merienda in Shine Bakery and Cafe. While Jesse and I ordered sweets (she had a cupcake and I got an eclair), Tim opted for a savory dish and got the Spanish sardines. At close to 6pm, the rest of the gang texted us to say that they were on their way so we decided to move to a new place for dinner. We eventually ended up in Mesa since Jesse wanted to have crispy pata. Once everyone was there, we all started talking about potential out-of-town plans this year and people started getting excited about it. Not sure if the plans will push through but I hope they do. :)

We capped off the night with more food. :) I took everyone to The Royal Touch so we could have dessert. There were nine of us and each of us ordered a different cupcake and we all got try a little bit of everything. I think my current favorite is the Apple Crumble cupcake which is one of their bestsellers. I was raving about The Royal Touch so much during the day that I was worried that I raised everyone's expectations too much. I shouldn't have worried since it lived it up to the hype. :) Before heading home, I decided to get a box of 10 of their mini-cupcakes so I could try out a couple more flavors and give the rest to my family.

No comments: