Monday, May 21, 2012

Still sprained

So a week into my stupid mishap and my ankle is still sprained. It's definitely a lot better than it was last Sunday when I was experiencing extreme pain while trying to walk or even just standing up, but I'm still limping. Thankfully I have the option to work from home which means I don't have to take time off work but my workplace at home isn't ergonomic so it's not that easy working at home.

I am hoping that I can walk without a limp within a couple of days. Not because I want to go to work but because I would like to spend a bit more time outside my house and see my friends. :) I missed a surprise birthday celebration last Friday which sucked and I've had to have food delivered every single day (thank God for City Delivery and Quick Delivery, both of which have received multiple calls from me in the several days). Another sucky thing about this is that one of my discount vouchers already expired. I could've forced myself to use it last Tuesday but I decided that it wasn't worth it. In any case, I was able to use two vouchers in that same place so I guess in terms of value of what I got, I didn't really lose money.

The strange thing about this is that I lost 2-3 pounds. How is that possible? Did I lose muscle mass? The fact that I am holed up at home means that all I do is sit, lie down, and eat. And I have eaten a lot more sweets these last few days to bring some additional comfort LOL - marjolaine, apple pie, and concorde from Sugarhouse, choco fudge cupcake and mango walnut torte from Mom and Tina's, Chocolate Obsession from Kitchen's Best, Royce chocolates, and Curly tops. Eep! If anything I was fully expecting to gain some weight. Maybe I'm doing better with portion control?

The timing of this ankle injury also sucks because I was hoping to start training for a marathon this year. I wasn't able to run last year and I recently bought a couple of new sports shirts to motivate me to run again but alas, I am hobbled. I do hope that continuing to rest my ankle will get me back in full health soon. I want to get back on a treadmill, if not to run another marathon then at least to get back in shape. Plus, I have a couple more vouchers that are expiring this week. :) In any case, I should stop blogging and elevate my ankle now...

No comments: