Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Change in plans

The French Open is coming up, and as a huge tennis fan, I was thinking of heading to Paris and watching the 2nd Grand Slam event of the year. But since I didn't want to take more days off, I figured I would just fly to France for a weekend and watch the tennis played during that time. The finals are all played on Saturday (women) and Sunday (men) but decided against that, thinking that if I watched the earlier rounds, I would get to see more matches and the tickets would be cheaper.

So I ordered a ticket for both June 2 and 3 (Sat and Sun) in Center Court (Philippe Chatrier Court). I got confirmation that my order has been successfully processed and I will be receiving information as to my seat pretty soon.

The problem was that I ended up getting tickets only for Sunday, June 3 as June 2 was apparently fully booked. Which really sucks because I had to fly out on Sunday evening so it wasn't even like I would get a full day's worth of matches. And I also got relegated to Court 1. Which sucks even more because the top players generally play in the Philippe Chatrier and Suzanne Lenglen courts. Hay...

So I think I've more or less resigned myself to the fact that I will no longer watch, even if I have already paid €32 for the Sunday ticket that I have. The hotel and airfare costs are too high to be justified by a partial-day's set of tennis in a less-important court. Ah well, maybe someday.

1 comment:

Mark OrdoƱez said...

Hey.. you can try the Year-End Championships in Madrid. That should have good seats and prices still right now.