Monday, March 26, 2007

[SWEDEN] My apartment

Here's a virtual guided tour of my new apartment:

My doorway. It's customary to leave your shoes at the door (like in Japan and Korea). There's also a place to hang coats and jackets when coming in.



Some artsy thing in my hallway. This message is open to interpretation. You gotta dig the cool lighting on it though...

I have a guest toilet right next to the entrance (with the matching rug and hand towel).

My laundry room. The iron and iron board are tucked away in that closet on the right.

My bathroom. The shower area is actually quite small and considering the size of the bathroom, I wish it was a bit larger.

The flowers are only decorative.
My hallway. The pic is not meant to be a nice shot of the place, it's supposed to convey the space you see and feel as you step inside.

My study. The owners of my apartment are a married couple: French husband and English wife. And they have quite a bit of art put up all over the place. The plants on the window sill are real.

The kitchen and dining area. Stainless steel fridge, oven, and microwave. Pretty cool lighting on the dining table. Ceramic stove and built-in hood on the left. Toaster and water pot which I haven't used so far. More potted plants on the window sill.

Dinnerware that came with the place. All of them from Ikea. I think the multi-colored bowls and cups are cool.


An Art wall facing my dining area. As you can see, the color theme of my pad is a cool and soothing green which I really like (my pad is Manila has a yellow-brown-green theme going on).

My living room. I took this photo right as the train was passing by outside (not sure if you can make it out). The pictures hanging on the wall were taken in Montenegro by my landlady. I think they were rendered a bit to make them look like water color paintings.

There's a plant on the stand and more plants on top of the radiator at the far end of the room.

My 42" Hitachi LCD (or well I think it's an LCD. Could be a plasma. Doesn't matter). It swivels too so if I am in the dining area I can angle it so it faces me while I am eating.

And finally my bedroom. More plants on the window sill. The flowers are decorative. The drapes in the other room are all off-white but in the bedroom I have black drapes to give me more privacy (and darkness at night).

More art on the wall. And those mirrors are actually sliding doors that, when opened, reveal my large closet space.


That's the end of the tour. I really am lucky to have gotten this place and it's even cooler that the owners made sure to furnish it with a lot of great stuff.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks great!

Unknown said...

I love your pad! :-) Very cool and soothing colors and layout. Must feel great coming home at the end of a long day at work. Take care!

Anonymous said...

nice apartment u got there. cool and relaxing.

j.

Anonymous said...

love your place! my fave is the kitchen / dining area. you should be hosting parties, and bring out those matching IKEA plates and all!

-- nabs

Unknown said...

hanep! :) party tayo this weekend? ;)

Anonymous said...

ang saya naman ng work mo

joyce said...

hi chris! ganda naman ng pad mo. Sana we can go there soon. hehe. we miss you na. see you soon

cheryll said...

hi! nice pad you have here :)

just can't help but comment, got a bit nostalgic for sweden...was able to stay there for 10months when i was working on my masters..stayed in borlange (dalarna).

ayun lang po :) just missed sweden!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I am so jealous!! I love that place... enjoy every second in it (beats the ridiculous prices you pay for tiny floorprints in the UK!)

Anonymous said...

love your pad! i miss my ebt apartment tuloy!